Sunday, March 10, 2013

It happened.....16 years....

of my biggest boy!

I can't  believe he's already 16....driving age.  He's not getting his license right away.  He's had his permit for 11 months and is a decent driver, but I don't think a little more time practicing will hurt.  We told him when he trust he'll keep his Bs up to As and Bs we'll take him in.  No sudden drop in grades to low Cs.  That won't get an insurance discount and no waiting to pull them up at the last.  He's been working hard, so we're going to give it a little more time and then take him in for the big step, for him AND mom.

He's really beginning to show us the person he's becoming.  He's judgmental to the point he doesn't necessary criticize others, but realizes what he doesn't want to do himself.  He just strong willed enough he might follow his own road.  He does care about his future and is growing there.  I like him as a person and that's a good thing for a parent to feel.  Not just because he's my son, but because of who he's becoming.  I hope the next 16 years are just as great for him and us.


No comments: