Monday, March 25, 2013

Multiplication

In first grade and she's onto multiplication.  I don't know that she actually does it in school or anything, but she obviously understand the concept. 

I was talking to Kaelin about working hard and I was using an example of using coupons and sale ads to save money.  I gave an example of saving $20/week.  I asked her how much that would save in a month.  I got the cricket chirping stair.  I asked if they had taught her how many weeks are in a month and then told her 4 (average anyways).  I restated and said 'okay, now if I save $20/week, how much will I have saved in a month?'  The crickets were back.  Chelsi had climbed into bed and was giving me that 'call on me, call on me' look.  So I looked up at her and said 'okay Chelsi, how much'.  Curious if she really knew the answer.  She confidently tells me '$80'.  Yep, you're right smarty pants!

No comments: