Thursday, July 11, 2013

Growing up....no fun sometimes

Are we growing up?  Are we outgrowing?  What are we doing when we no longer have any of the same old friends?  I mean the ones you used to tell things to are now nowhere, really, to be found.  I'm not even sure quite how it happened.  It feels like it more happened one way than the other.  Meaning, slowly you were left out of their lives than vice versa.  It's okay some days and really hurts other days.  Birthdays ARE the hardest here.  That's part of the reason my birthday felt like it kinda sucked.  You come to that realization.  I guess I'm just still kinda there, in that funk.  Happy I have my little family and love them dearly.  B says he's my best friend and I don't need one, but girls are different.  Girls need 'their person' as eloquently stated on Grey's Anatomy. I don't have my person.  There's things we just don't talk to with our husbands, though I guess I've gotten less embarrassed and started to now.  Maybe it's a good thing for us.  It's just frustrating for me.  But, it is what it is.

No comments: