Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's getting busy!

Summer is ALWAYS busy.  We're just really in the middle of the pick up.  We had just enough time to recover from jet lag before we went from just 2 activities per week to 3.  It was just volleyball for Kaelin and gymnastics for Chelsi one night per week.  Now Kaelin has volleyball, Chelsi has gymnastics and Jaemin and Chelsi both have swimming lessons twice per week.  Right as volley ball ends football will start for Chase......5 nights per week!  So, I think we'll only have one overlap week of gymnastics, swimming lessons and football.  Then it will go to just 5 nights of football and one night of gymnastics just in time for school to begin.  Already?  Are you kidding me?  If I feel that way, I know the kids do too.  Chelsi gets to see one of her school friends next weekend for her birthday party.  And while Kaelin and Chelsi decided they would rather spend their Saturday with their aunt M, all 3 boys are going with us on a float trip.  This is Jaemin's first, so I'm anxious to see what he thinks of it.  He'll love it.  It's outside on the river.  Then onto a fish and frog fry (EWE....frogs!).

Kaelin is STILL liking volleyball.  This is the longest she's last for awhile.  Maybe she'll stick to it.  Brian still wants her to run track since she's so fast.  We'll see.  I don't know what grade you have to be in to begin.

Chelsi is really getting her roundoffs down and is closer to a back handspring.  She just needs to build up a little more muscle in her arms to support herself.

Jaemin is such a little fish!  He doesn't care to pay a whole of attention to his teacher because he is finally in the 2 foot pool and just wants to swim underwater.  His teacher says he's a strong swimmer.  So true.  And he holds his breath for a long time.

Hopefully, this season will be a good football season for Chase.  He's just starting to run to get ready, so we'll see how he does.  He's so young on his team, so it's harder because it makes him smaller, but he'll just have to pick up and use the speed he does have when he wants to.

As far as my van.  I canceled the warranty on the Toyota and am getting all but probably about $30 back.  I think so far I'm liking my new van.  Not as much stuff on it really, but I like it.  It was a really good deal, so I can't complain.  And just because I'm gunshy, I did get the extended warranty, but I googled the best deals and asked our dealer to match and they did.  I'm good for 8 full years of driving.  And I'm not minding the color Brian picked out as much as I thought I would.

No comments: