Monday, February 3, 2014

Trying to enjoy all of the little things.


Really just trying to sit back and enjoy.  Trying not to get upset over stupid trivial things.

Here is Jaemin actually coloring.  He absolutely hates coloring.  It's part of his sensory disorder.  It's just torture, so we've been doing everything to get him to half-way enjoy it to the point he'll get through school.



Cole had a rough weekend wrestling at a pretty big tournament.  He lost all 4 matches and texted us (we couldn't go since it was 4 hours away) that he wanted to quit.  I figured he just needed to cool off, so Brian texted back to remind him that he's JV wrestling in a big Varsity tournament against state contenders with only 20 minutes between matches when you're supposed to have 45.  On top of that you have a heart condition.  He just refuses to let that be a reason for anything.  While I'm so glad he has never made excuses, sometimes you just need to say okay.  By the time he came home Saturday night we talked to him without bringing that text up and he seemed fine.  We decided not to talk about it and see if he went to practice today.  Sure enough he was back at practice.  Now, I'm praying he can place at the JV tournament.  Not for me, the team or anyone else but himself.  Just to show himself he is special and he can do it.

Chase is finally enjoying the beginning of high school football.  Yes, the 8th graders start working out with the coach this early.  They ended up calling off school tomorrow for the expected snow and he came up all bummed he was going to miss weight lifting.  Well, that's a new Chase.  Good to meet him.  I don't need him to be the best, but to put his best out there.  That's all we want from any of them.

Chelsi is all signed up for gymnastics and is wanting to do it more often after seeing the Gabby Douglas story.  She's so ready to go, but she doesn't realize she's only in tumbling.  We could never afford full on gymnastics.  It's over $100/month!

Kaelin is playing on her first modified league for volleyball.  They won't be good, but it will good for them to play good teams and she'll have fun with her friends.  Her coach from last year volunteered again and she's been trying to get that overhand serve down all Winter.  Hopefully, she'll get SOME over the net.  :)

As Cole gets closer and closer to 17 and I realize he'll soon be 18, I'm realizing the short time we have left with each of them and I want to squeeze in more talks, more cuddle time, more movie nights.  I LOVE sitting and hearing about Cole's  night in a hotel with 2 other wrestlers and the jokes they play on each other.  The sense of humors these boys have and the good stuff being part of a team brings out in Cole.  I love seeing him happy and finding a place.  I pray everyday he continues to figure things out.  I know he doesn't want mom and dad telling him what to do anymore and deep in my heart I know he knows what's good and right, I just hope he finds some good honest thing to do in his life to pay his bills and be happy.

I love these kids so much.  And they really are good kids.

No comments: