Monday, February 3, 2014

Dear Tooth Fairy...

Okay, so let me start this by saying that the Tooth Fairy does a really poor job of collecting teeth around here.  She's rarely timely and the only thing she is consistent about is being late.  I would fire her if I were her boss.  Really awful at her job......really!

Poor Chelsi lost her tooth a week or so ago and waited as patiently as she could for the Tooth Fairy to arrive.  When she didn't come.....well.....you'll have to read about Chelsi's unfortunate luck of dropping her tooth.


She even dated it and put her name and address on it.  She's a very formal 8 year old, I must say.  In case you can't read it because I had to take the picture with the phone it says:

Dear Tooth Fairy,
I lost a tooth a day before yesterday.  I was excited that it had fallen out.  Then today I went to my window sill to see if you came yet.  You didn't.  I picked up my tooth and dropped it in my vent below my window sill.  Could you still give me money.
Thank you.
Love,
Chelsi

First, is that not sweet?  Second , could you hear the disappointment in her words when she said "you didn't"?  And if only we'd had a camera when we found out about the note.  Brian happened to ask about her tooth and she just casually says the tooth fairy hasn't come, but she left her a note.  Brian had to read it.  Brian, Kaelin and I were laughing  SO hard reading it.  We didn't even notice she left the room.  I found her  a few minutes later and she was in her room crying.  I asked her what was wrong and she said it upset her that we were laughing.  I told her she'd appreciate it down the road and she said "well you didn't have to get all up in my business".  Where the heck did she get that??

Needless to say the tooth fairy came that night and wrote a note back to her to apologize for being so busy.  She was super excited about the note and that she finally came.

All that for one quarter!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: