Sunday, April 16, 2023

Pool opening 2023

 

This is our third season, 2nd pool opening and first pool opening by ourselves. We got everything power washed (losing battle with the pollen until June but whatever), pool filled, cleaned up, leaves cleaned up from under the deck, everything for the pool plumbing back together and chemical in balance.  It did take a day or two to get the salt levels up enough for the salt water generator to make chlorine but it’s been going on it’s own and now instead of an ugly gray winter cover I can see pretty turquoise water. I’m not wasting money using the heat pump yet.  We will let the sun do it’s job for a bit and then when the nights aren’t in the 40s anymore we will fire that up and swim. 

I can go into pool care over time  I’ve learned a lot about the different levels to keep everything at to have a well maintained salt water pool.  Right now my CSI is at .06 so it’s great.  I am only messing with individual levels when the CSI is in jeopardy.  Alkalinity, PH, CYA or calcium alone is never what you focus on  it’s a combination that matters that makes it corrosive or scale forming.  Neither are good.  If you want to keep your pool balanced I suggest the Pool Math app  it’s fantastic for tracking your numbers and calculating CSI for you  

#poolcare #patiocleanup #springcleaning #poolopening #readyforsummer

No comments: