Saturday, February 3, 2024

Hugs make the world better

 

Hugs are universal. Hugs cannot always fix a feeling or situation but I can release you and make you feel better. It makes the person giving feel better and the recipient feel better. My husbands accident was 16 years ago and this person’s simple and random act of kindness still makes me cry. It didn’t fix what was going on in the room upstairs but it gave me a release that I needed before I walked into that room. 

Two of my five kids are very huggy. I was not raised that way. But as much as I’m sure some of our behaviors have rubbed off on them I have taken on some of theirs as well. Nature vs nurture is an interesting concept. 

Give someone that hug they may need. Give someone you love a hug just because you need it. After a long day at work a hug can feel really good. 

No comments: