Saturday, September 14, 2024

Had to try




 We replaced our preformed counters with ganache granite a few years ago. I never quite liked the dark beiges in between the beautiful hickory cabinets and the white ganache. The ganache has lots of black, gray and copper so it does have some of that in there but the travertine was just too dark and too yellow.  This morning I woke up and decided that since we had some paint mixed with primer lying around I would attempt a white wash.  I’m not completely sure how it will hold up but I guess we’ll see. Believe it or not I don’t wash the backsplash often so I feel optimistic.  

It’s meant to show through some so that it looks rustic. My house is mostly country rustic with a hint of modern here and there. That’s just what I like. 

Worst case this buys me time until we would get it fully replaced down the road. Nothing I dread more than when the house needs painted and the hardwood needs redone.  


No comments: