Friday, September 6, 2024

Moving somewhere

 

Anywhere with anything.  

When you’re having a day, week, month or even a year (F•R•I•E•N•D•S) sometimes you just need something to move forward. I feel like in the past couple of weeks between menopause hormones and grief I have absolutely moved backwards. Back to daily crying, feeling lost, feeling impossibly incapable of everything except quiet and sadness. 

Today, I decided I wanted things to move forward. I got my project figured out at work. I made the calls I’d been putting off on my break.  And somehow in all of that I managed to get one thing done from start to finish. 

Moen has a lifetime guarantee so now that the ell drop has gone bad I wanted to get it fixed. Even the finish is guaranteed. The finish had come off in spots and was ending up with hard water minerals depositing leaving it looking awful every SINGLE time I showered.  The place in town had the parts and just provided them to us. 

We had a little trouble (maybe more) getting the old one off. It’s not unusable as it bent with the crescent wrench.  However we have the brand new piece in place and it looks great. They even gave us a new escutcheon plate that fits and looks nicer than the old one. 

It’s amazing how something so seemingly boring and trivial can take some anxiety from me. I’m an OCD person anyways and when I go through something traumatic that part of me gets worse after I go through the flight or fight part of it. That’s where I’m securely at. 


No comments: