Wednesday, April 21, 2010

blah, blah, blah.....

literally.

UGH.....does anyone listen to me. At work, I've been having issues with one of our contractors. I put everything in writing and then they ask a question where they could find the answer in the previously sent email.

At home, I have 5 that don't listen. A part of me just hopes that they are hearing me, just not necessarily listening to me and eventually when they really need to they will hear my voice in the back of their heads. I know I shouldn't preach and I'm not near as preachy as I used to be....mostly because I'm too tired to preach. Cole's grades are better....but I'm sure a grade will sneak in there that we're not prepared for and bomb what little's left. I'm always bracing for that with him becuase, well, that's how he rolls. We don't see any papers because he won't bring them home, so we're never really prepared. We're trying to pick our battles with him, so there is only so much we can get onto the 13 yo for.

Chase is now having trouble in math, but he and his teacher do not know why. He has 100%, so far, in every other class, but has been forgetting a couple of assignments lately. This is really not like him and he wants the money we pay for A semester grades. He may not make it if he doesn't straighten it out. Not sure how that will turn out.

Chelsi didn't listen tonight at all. When I picked her up, grandma had given her a lily to bring home. I told her to leave it on my console so it didn't get broken and when we got home I would put it in water. We got home and I started going through the big kids' papers and started warming the leftovers when I heard the door. She escaped out the door and was, apparently, on her way to put the flower in the garden. Not sure if she thought she was going to plant it or what. Meanwhile she's running around barefoot outside and I hate dirty feet inside, so we had to wash off. Yes, I have a phobia of nasty on the floor....especially with all of our allergies, etc.

Jaemin, well, he's only 1, so I expect him to ignore. Kaelin has, oddly enough, listened so far today. It's usually her that ignores the most. I don't think she does it on purpose all the time, but sometimes she really does.

AHHH....they're making me crazy. Thank God for leftovers creating a somewhat quick night....especially when dad's not home because he's out buying a boat!

Lisa

No comments: