Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I hate this, so I'm praying I don't do it

Why do some people feel the need to dwell on something and then go on and on to you and yet if you try to offer some consolation like they're not alone they just think they are? I'm talking about the ones that are going through something bad (I'm not talking death or massive illness) but a change or a bad day and if you try to express empathy by saying you've been there done that they don't want to hear you at all. These are also the same people that do this day in day out. Meaning they're not just venting because they've had a crappy day, they're venting on an almost daily basis that they've had a crappy month or year. And if there kid does something awesome your kid can't possibly be as good.

I just get so frustrated with this and I try not to get into conversations, at all, with these people, but sometimes it feels totally unavoidable. I guess I'm just hoping that I don't dwell on stuff in the first place, because mostly that's what I find annoying....listening to them rehashing the dwelled topic over and over and over again. Is it just their insecurity??

Sorry...I just had to finally vent because I'm tired of the know it alls of the world who think no one knows better than them about anything they know or any experience they have had. The whole world is wrong to these people. I get so tired of overly cocky people!

Lisa

No comments: