Monday, April 19, 2010

My nightly visitor

Okay, it's not 'really' night.....it's 4-5 am.  I have a little boy who likes to come into my room to sleep with me.  Sometimes it's earlier, but most nights it's 3:30-4 that he originally comes in.  Sometimes I let him stay a bit if he seems like he may sleep and sometimes he tries to sleep in my bed, but isn't really that tired so he jabbers.  He never cries.  I put him to bed and eventually he stays there.  Sometimes, though, I pretend to keep sleeping thinking he will go back to bed.  That doesn't work either.  He will just stand there with his hands on my bed watching me, waiting for me to wake up.  It's really pretty darn cute, so you can never actually be upset with him.  But, this occurs about 5 times per week, so it is tiring, but I love him.

Tonight I put him in bed and told him I'd see him in the morning. I said "you're going to stay in bed tonight, right?"  He gave me an ornery look, through the light coming in the cracked door, and shook his whole body as he shook his head 'no'.  He's such a little stink!  He's such a jokester and the little stinker knows he's cute!

What am I going to do?

Lisa

No comments: