Sunday, September 5, 2010

A side of homework

The girls and I have home work now....not just Kaelin's school work, but home work for all 3 of us.  I only have one name (no Korean name), so I don't have as much as they do, but we have to practice the 4 characters we learned about tonight,ㄱ ㄴ ㄷ ㄹ, and they have to practice writing their Korean names.  I think I could probably teach them to write their Korean names myself, but they're more likely to learn from Sunghee, and pay attention.  It seems a little easier for me to remember the characters now that I actually know what they're called, though I have trouble articulating ㄹ.  My tongue does not work the same way as a Korean tongue..yes the way we use our tongues in language is different.

It is fun though.  We get to talk about Korean food and sometimes questions just come up in conversation and I can ask on the spot.  It's so helpful.  The 3 of us are getting SO much out of it already.  Even Jaemin is starting to put together kiss (보보) and the informal version of hello (안녕).  He won't call me 암마 though.  He still calls me mama.

Sunghee brought their Korean student, who's 10, with her.  She worked with Chelsi and Sunghee helped Kaelin and I.  We also had the young Korean student yesterday evening.  Since the big boys and dad were gone for the weekend it gave us a great chance to get to know her.  The two big girls got along great and played soccer, basketball, drew with chalk, played with the dogs and cats and just chatted away.  She's such a polite girl.  Very sweet.  She even brought some cute little Korean gifts for each of us.  I got the prettiest nail clippers.

Here's the art the big girls put together.


Goodbye and goodnight.
안녕히가세요 안녕히주무세요

No comments: