Friday, September 17, 2010

Thank you!

I've heard this a million times this morning from Chelsi.  I sure hope her party's as great as she's has envisioned.

We dropped the big kids at school, went to get Jaemin's albuterol, went to get Chelsi's balloons inflated, then the library and then Target.  Chelsi was shocked when we got the balloons blown up.  I'll try to get pics later.  I found Tinkerbell balloons in a 5 pack on clearance at Walmart for $2!  They were $10.  The main one is heart shaped with a huge Tink on it and it's probably 2 1/2 foot tall.  She LOVED them!  She was so surprised since she's having a fairy party.  Last year we managed to snatch a few fairiesh decorations and gift bag treats at the $1 store so it worked out perfect for them to clearance those off just a week before her party.

I put out the pink table cloth...had to rig that up.  The package says 54x108.  It might be 24x108.  Too late to take it back though.  Decorated her cake and it's pretty cute for a home baked cake and a mom who is not that artistic.  Got all the chairs cleaned up and ready outside. 

I baked the cakes (1 for Jaemin for his birthday tomorrow) yesterday.  I had planned to take the 9x13 out of the pan, but it wouldn't come out even though I did everything I've done before.  Oh well, I left it in the pan and when Chelsi found out it would still have Tinkerbell on it she was still happy.  Or so she said.  Kaelin and Chelsi were sitting at the table last night waiting for everyone to come in for dinner and as they were talking Chelsi says "somebody messed up my cake".  Kaelin asked who and Chelsi kind of moves her eyes towards me, tries to subtly point and says "you know who".  What a stink!

This morning I put icing on the cake and cut the bag that my coworker brought me to work and put Tinkerbell on it.  She LOVED it!  She watched as I set up the garage for the party and put out he pink plates and napkins and made punch and got the bucket ready for the kid drinks.  She kept telling me how great it was and kept drawing her breath because she was so excited to even say it.

Boy I hope it's what she's thinking. 

No comments: