Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hoping for results

I finally get to bring Chelsi to a pediatric urologist that specializes in chronic UTIs tomorrow.  The nephrologist we were seeing gave us nothing and found nothing.  He wasn't very thorough, in my opinion, though.  So, I'm hoping this lady finds something.  I just can't get over the give her cranberry juice for the rest of her life, everyday, to keep away UTI option from him.  I don't care that she's wetting at night, but clinically she shouldn't be constantly having UTIs if she doesn't drink juice.  So wish me luck that she finds something...anything as an explanation.  She's had them for 4 years now and we've been trying to work through this for almost 6 months. 

We're also still waiting on the pathology results from Jaemin's biopsies.  He had no anatomical issues, so that was good.  If they find nothing here either then we'll probably wait another year and try to wean him from the meds again and see if he outgrows the GERD.  Not sure what I hope for him, just something to resolve it easy so he doesn't have to continue on meds, but doesn't risk damage through life.

No comments: