Thursday, February 10, 2011

ACTION!

This was the big night.  Chelsi's debut in a play.  It's a very small Christian theatre and the count was 51 tonight.  But, that's good....let her warm up.  There are over 120 scheduled for a day next week and the theatre will barely hold that.

She did so great.  At the end the audience is allowed to come and talk to the cast after curtain.  I welled up watching everyone come through and shake her hands while they whispered words of encouragement to her.  She did tell the director, however, she doesn't care for crowds and didn't like them laughing at her.  I'm telling you.  You can't help but laugh.  She's so darn cute and funny!

One of her castmates' parents brought him candy and these little skateboards he likes as a gift for his first performance (in this play).  They also gave the same to Chelsi.  It was so sweet!  She has really bonded with everyone in the play and they all love her.  As soon as she walks in at night they all have to say hi to her and she messes with everyone all night.

As I watch her grow up I almost feel like Steve Martin in "Father of the Bride".  I just know that one day she's going to be all grown up and I'm still going to see her exactly how she looks right now at 5 years old.  I will wonder where the time has gone and how she grew up so fast.  Her and I just have a different relationship.  She's just so mature and aged.  You see this teeny tiny body, but out of it comes big words, actions and understanding.  She's an amazing little girl.  And I'm so proud of her!

Just wait 'til tomorrow night when the family comes.  Someone's going to be getting some flowers!!

No comments: