Friday, February 4, 2011

Random Thoughts

Can't think of the last time I watched a show.  I mean really watched a show without multi-tasking.  Or better yet....in real time!  Before DVR for sure.  By the time DVR came around we easily had 3 kids and had to just miss the shows totally.  Do not have time for tv!!!

Why do people immediately judge people in terribly hard positions without any regard?  I mean I know it's human nature, but it's so unkind.  I mean, why do we have to judge someone when something terrible is going on in their family, like a loved one is dying, injured, etc?  Why can't we have compassion and put ourselves in their place instead?

I know I thought I was so smart when I was younger.  I couldn't even begin to imagine that things were really going to get much busier, like the older more mature women kept telling me, as my kids aged.  Yep....got a TON busier.  So glad our kids are spaced a bit so you can catch your breath.  But, sometimes when I watch others add to their families so quickly, all I can think is; how are you going to feel about that when they all are in school and have loads of homework at night, all at the same time.  There are definitely some pluses to having them spaced just a little.

And, some of this just comes from watching others on adoption boards I belong to, over many, many years.  But, why do they complain about not being able to pay their bills; medical, credit card, etc. and then jump right back into adoptions.  I understand the premise of 'I'd rather have my child than the money', but that doesn't 'seem' even remotely responsible to me.  I mean you never can accidentally adopt, so it's a very thought out decision...or should be.  So, if that's the road you choose, please do not complain about not being able to pay your bills that SHOULD be paid unless your circumstances changed after the child was home.  I honestly, would adopt another.  I would probably continue our discussions to have another, if it weren't for my realistic worries.  Can we afford it in the first place?  What if it makes it so we can't pay other bills?  Should we expect anyone else to bail us out?  I don't feel that's right at all....in any way.  Just saying.

And one thing I can't stand is watching people with kids quit their jobs to stay home; disregarding lack of insurance and ability to pay any bills.  I completely understand those that have children with disabilities that crop up.  Finding care for those children while working would be near impossible.  Especially reliable, loving care.  Medical care is so scary for a child.  I completely understand the want to be with your kids.  You're talking to the girl who wanted it for ever 10 years before getting to go part time (even though temporary).  But, sometimes you just can't have what you want.  I've seen people quit their job to stay home, purely because they wanted to be a stay at home mommy and then put their kids on assistance.  Nothing, absolutely nothing burns me more!!!!!

Those are my random thoughts that sometimes pervade my mind as I drive alone to work in the morning or on the way home....or worse....during work.  :)

No comments: