Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Breath and Catch Up

I'm catching my breath tonight.  I've had a nasty little cold and Chelsi's in the thick of play rehearsals as it starts soon.  So every single day this week we either have her at rehearsal or the show.  And last night was LATE!  She was so tired that she nearly fell over standing up in the dressing room.  The director let us go after she finished her pieces tonight so she could get some sleep.  And I won't even go into how grouchy Kaelin was after last night.  NEVER again!  But, the big boys have to go with us to rehearsal tomorrow night because they need an audience to practice on and they want to make sure they can't move her attention.  So far she's done AWESOME!  I can't believe how good she is at it and concentrating.  She stays on task, even the day that one of the guys' 3 year olds walked on stage and sat beside her.  She just went on with her part.

Yesterday, we had practice for Chelsi last night, but during the day I took the little kids to Kaelin's class at school to do the Lunar New Year (Sol Nal) presentation we were supposed to do last week.  It was canceled because of the blizzard.  Yes, blizzard.

Kaelin did great.  She actually wanted to do this and asked the teacher for it.  The teacher gave us pretty much the last hour of the school day.  So, Kaelin wrote some things on the board in Hangul, we passed our Won, she wore her hanbok and then we talked about Korean culture.  Of course, some of the kids asked about adoption too, so I would quickly answer so we could move on.  They would raise their hands so Kaelin could call on them and we could answer their questions.  One kid said "Kaelin, you're adopted?!".  It was so funny.  One kid asked how they kiss in Korea.  Oh my!  One just wanted to know how old I was.  The teacher quickly diverted that one.  We brought our pictures from Korea and the kids just loved it all.  They asked so many great questions and then they all wanted a Korean name and couldn't understand why Kaelin had a Korean name and English name and they didn't.  Hmmm....me thinks this makes her the cool kid.  :)  This was a room of 2nd graders and Kaelin loved the attention and the time to share.  Her teacher was very interested in it all, it seemed.  The kids decided I should be a teacher and teach about Korea.  So funny!  I work with one of the kids' mom and she told me today that he was so excited when he got home yesterday.  He told her knows EVERYTHING there is to know about Korea.  How funny is that?

And, now I guess I should get back to my photo editing.  I'm taking pictures for the show.  Last night I had to do pictures for the cast that would be on stage for props.  They needed some antiqued pictures.  They turned out great!  I'd post some, but there are too many others involved and don't want to invade anyone's privacy.

Blizzard anyone?  This was 3 hours into it.

No comments: