Sunday, February 27, 2011

Testing, testing

our patience with each other that is.  The big boys are lucky.  They have a bedroom in the basement.  No major change for them.  But, the other 5 of us have moved downstairs into the basement to live for a little over a week.  Where's the little icon with the buggy eyed guy? 

We have STUFFED all of the furniture from the 3 bedrooms, living room and hallway into the 2 bathrooms and kitchen...and one thing in the laundry.  I think we can still get to our kitchen if we must, to get meds and such.  I did pack us a small kitchen for the basement though.  We have ibuprofen, tylenol and all daily meds.  7 cups with names on the bottom and a towel.  As well as granola bars and breakfast bars for breakfasts at home.  The other days we'll be, um, mooching!  I put aside a small budget for some sub sandwiches we can eat at home and then we asked the parents if we can come over to eat on certain nights while we do laundry.  And the bathroom, right now, is the ONLY thing that worries me.  Our basement bathroom is SMALL.  Luckily it does have a small shower too, so we can still bathe.  That's good, huh? 

So what's going on upstairs?  Hardwood.  Yep, finally we have enough to hardwood everything that's not tile or linoleum.  I'm really hoping Jaemin, Chase and my own allergies will be better after this.  We're hoping the dust will be less too, therefore creating less allergies for me.  I HATE having my house torn apart like this.  And the work poor Brian is going to have to do getting the trim back on and fixing the wainscot he put up 3 years ago because some of what we did won't fit with the hardwoods.  I know I'll LOVE the end result and be happy with less dirt, but just gotta get through this week of very low maintenance me.  I'm pretty low maintenance anyways, but I won't be fixing my hair a whole lot for sure.  So beware when you see me.  It won't be pretty....at all!

I'll take a picture when I have time...I'm sure there will be some time for that.  It's an interesting set up for sure.  Jaemin at least has his swing screwed to the floor to entertain him some...and God help us help him go to sleep.  He does NOT sleep well in places that don't belong to him.

No comments: