Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Flips n Flops
















Chelsi had her last night of gymnastics last night.  She gets to progress onto the next class.  So, I guess later this year or next Spring she'll start working more on her cartwheels and eventually learn how to do back handsprings like she wants.  She's just so darn cute in her leo.

Cole had his 8th grade promotion today.  They don't make a huge deal out of it because the gym isn't big enough for all the students to bring more than 1 or 2 family members, at best, so I took off work to go and one of his grandmas was there.  I was glad to see him promote.  Even if he's not at the top of his class, it's just nice seeing him succeed in life, onto the next step.  They had a ton of awards that probably took the first 45 minutes.  It was, um, a little hard on this mommy heart.  Tons of PE awards for things Cole has no chance of earning.  Him not getting an award for good grades is totally his own doing, so while I was a little disappointed he never tried harder, it's okay.  I guess, I too have some getting over to do about his heart and the setbacks of ideals you have in life it may prohibit.  Needless to say, another year down and for that I'm happy.  I love you Cole...even when you think I'm being a mean mom who won't let you do anything, when in reality I'm taking the harder way out to keep you in this world with me as best I can.

No comments: