Friday, May 6, 2011

You mean, he really would do this for me?















I knew under that tween exterior he was still a momma's boy!

Chase was always a bit of a momma's boy.  He was my little cuddler (like Jaemin is now) and still, from time-to-time, kisses me on he lips when he goes to bed.  But, it gets less and less as he gets older.  You know it's just embarrassing to 'like' you mom when you're almost 11!

But, now I know he still loves me!  We went to Bass Pro tonight so the 3 boys could spend their gift card money they've each been saving.  Cole spent all of his, plus his saved cash for a rifle he'd been wanting, so he could have his own for the fall hunting season.  Jaemin spent all $25 of his on a shirt he picked out (frogs, snails and fish tails; that's what little boys are made of) and a stuffed fish we named Squishy to sleep with.  Chase, as usual was very sparing with his gift cards.  He had $77 on his and he spent under $25.  But, here's where I know he still loves me like the momma's boy I know he is.  I just said, 'oh it would be nice if one of you boys bought me a shirt for Mother's Day'.  Later, Chase said he would, but I said 'don't worry about it'.  Then, I found a hat that would keep the sun off my head and shoulders on vacation so I won't get anymore skin cancer.  I was hemhawin' around about spending the $20 it cost.  He put it in his basket to buy for me.  He was pretty insistent, but in the end I won.  If it had been $10, I would have let him, but I wasn't going to let him spend on my hat what he spent on several fishing items.  The gesture was the sweetest.

He may be turning 11 next week, but he's still one of my baby boys!  I love you Chasie!

For old time's sake, last years' field trip pic on his 10th birthday.




No comments: