Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oh me, Oh my!

I have two that like the spotlight now.  Not that Kaelin, I think, will ever crave it as much as Chelsi....she's just not near the clown Chelsi is.  And, honestly, she shocked me tonight.  She signed up for 2nd grade honor choir a couple of months ago.  I'm always for it when they find an interest and so far this one is almost always on school time, so no problem.  It did surprise me a bit, but cool.  So, tonight was the school talent show and the choirs for the grades had to perform.  As far as I knew that was going to be it, so I'd actually planned on leaving after Kaelin sang.  After her group sings, she runs in to find me and tells me that she's going to go on stage with her friends.  Oooookkkkaaaayyy? 

Come to find out, she'd decided to sing with them recently...not much, but before tonight.  She said she 'forgot' to tell us.  Not sure why she didn't....in case she backed out?  I did think it was odd that she drug out this old red ribbon to put in her hair with her black shirt.  It seemed sort of uniformish, but whatever she wanted.  Turns out the girls in her group were wearing red and black.  So, Kaelin and 4 of her friends sang 'Firecracker'.  And as always you could hear Kaelin.  I'm glad she enjoyed herself.  Chelsi was sick today, so Brian stayed home with her and the other kids, so I video'd it for him to watch later. 
Here's a picture I took of her with her group, but I blocked their faces out for privacy.  If I'd known where she'd be, etc. I would have gotten a better picture than a microphone in her face.  Oh well, this camera is not that great in low light anyways...but we'll always have the video.



No comments: