Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another Swim Class Complete

The kids go to swim lessons every year.  Even if it's out of our budget, it's kind of a must in my mind.  Safety's a big issue and it's good for them to feel absolutely comfortable in the water...especially with so much around here.

Chelsi was in level 2, while Cole, Chase and Kaelin were in levels 6, 5 and 4 respectively.  Next year Chelsi will be in level 3; scary a 6 year old small girl in 4 foot of water.  Chase will be in level 6; we're expecting him to need to spend 2 years there.  :)  Kaelin will repeat level 4.  Cole passed level 6, so next year he will be old enough to take a lifeguard certification and do that if he chooses.  He's going to call them tomorrow to see what to expect next year since it costs around $130 and I can't afford to pay for it for him.  Though I'd love to see him have a job at 15 to start saving some money and would be more than happy to drive him there.

As for Kaelin not passing, it's no big deal.  I tell the kids every year before they start that it's not about passing or repeating.  It's about learning and mastering the skills they teach.  I have no problems paying for them to go back the following year and they try hard, so I know it's not for lack of trying.  I'm proud of them regardless!


No comments: