Saturday, January 9, 2010

Becoming parents at older ages

Not that our mid-thirties are old, by any means, but am I the only one that noticed that people are waiting longer and longer to either have their first or continue their families?  I'm not talking about people who are putting these massive careers first or anything.  People just like us.

I felt so old when we found out we were having Jaemin at almost 35...of course I had only turned 34 when he was actually born.  But, when we grew up having a baby at that age was a bit older...or we thought.  My mom was about that age when my sister was born, but we were all almost 6 years apart.  Now, I'm noticing friends and acquaintances having babies now.  I think it's becoming more of the norm now.  Good to know that when J is in school he will NOT have the oldest parents.

On the flip side, does this mean that when Cole is driving in a couple of years and we have room in the van again we can adopt another boy??  Just kidding mom!
Lisa

No comments: