Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's going on?

Well, we're finally all better.  None of the kids got the stomach bug, which we're very thankful for.  That would not have been as easy to contain once it starts in on the kids.  The kids got to do lots of cleaning with chlorox wipes which they thought was entertaining.  I figured it was easier than me trying to rush around cleaning the whole house.

Brian and I are both finally starting to clear our colds out too.  Jaemin is MUCH better now.  We could see a huge difference on Sunday.  No more ooze out of his poor nose.  He's in an awesome mood too.  He's back to his usual happy self.  Jaemin's been feeling SO good he's walking around singing and bobbing his head and talking and just smiling and laughing at everything.  He's really an easy going little man, but when he doesn't feel good he's a lot like momma and is pretty grouchy.  It's nice to have us all better and we're hoping it stays that way.

The kids are back at school, or were for a whopping 2 days before snow canceled it.  Now it's too cold and they're canceling between the snow and cold.  They're enjoying it....for now.  They're going to hate making up the days when it warms back up...eventually.

Today, I took my first venture out into the snow with the new van.  It got around a lot better than I thought.  If we had gotten just 1 or 2 more inches though, I don't think I could have made it out since they hadn't plowed our road yet.  I stayed on everyone else's tracks.  It was just as well I went to work since most didn't show up and those that did were late.  I was early, so I got to leave early to pick up the littles.  Jaemin was so funny when I picked him up.  Brian's mom was holding him when I walked in and he just about jumped out of her arms to get down and run to me.  Man that makes me feel good!

Chelsi and Kaelin have spent the night reading to each other.  Kaelin reads her 1st grade level reader to Chelsi then Chelsi reads a 1st grade level reader to Kaelin.  So funny to think she's only 4 and can read at 1st grade level and do math.  She may be small, but that little brain of hers sure does hold a lot!

We all took a trip to Bass Pro on Saturday.  After having sick people in the house for 2 weeks I was dying to get out, cold or not.  So, Brian and the big boys had gift cards to spend.  Jaemin, Chelsi and I just walked around and looked at the fish.  Jaemin really enjoyed it.  Chase spent all of his gift card plus some of his grade money.  Cole actually saved some of his aside so he could get some more later and get something nicer.  Brian spent all of his plus some of his work bonus.  He finally got a new tackle box, which he says he really needed.  He got me a lovely pink Bass Pro ladies tshirt.  I asked him for it.  ;)  We took the kids to pizza buffet afterward.  It wasn't the best, but it was super cheap for all 7 of us.  Jaemin was so good.  He slept during the drive and I put him in the carrier at Bass Pro, so he just enjoyed the ride.

Now, we're all focusing on what activities the kids can do this year.  We don't have funds/time for too many, so they have to start making choices and narrow it down.  Cole will do football...if his grades are good enough.  Chase will do football and is thinking about baseball.  Kaelin is thinking about soccer again, but wants to try out basketball.  Chelsi wants to try gymnastics.  We'll see.  That's a more expensive activity, but since she wants to be a cheerleader it makes a little more sense.  Kaelin has ZERO interest in being a cheerleader, she wants to be in one of the other sports.

We'll see.  But, really, I'm hoping Chase forgoes baseball this year so we can have a little more of a relax summer.  We're not doing Fall soccer because the boys playing football will be enough.  Kaelin will have to play Spring soccer instead.  Just a couple more years and Jaemin will start into activities too.  Oh my is it going to get busy.  His dad swears he's born and built to play football and baseball!

Lisa


No comments: