Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jaemin's Well-Baby Visit

Since it always seems that if I'm posting on Jaemin's health it's always when he's sick.  Unfortunately, he's had a rough time of it the last few months.  But, yesterday we had a well-baby visit.  He is 15 months and I had asked that they put off some of October's shots so he wouldn't be getting so many at once.  So, he got 3 additional vaccines yesterday...ouch!

The doctor did ask if he finally got over everything from a couple of weeks ago and I was happy to report he had.  The doctor felt so bad for my baby.  After weight and measurements he asked how his eating habits have been.  I told him that even when he's sick his appetite rarely decreases.  Jaemin can really put away the food!  He, by far, eats more than his 4 yo sister.  They checked his growth curve and he's doing very well.  He said with a little man who has had pneumonia 3 times in the last 4 months he was expecting him to fall off some, but he has maintained his curve very well.  He said he's still hovering at or a little above 50th in height and 50-75 in weight.  He said he expects him to be a stocky young man.  I have to laugh.  Chase used to be built the same way and has really thinned out.  We shall see.

He's a happy healthy little man.  He is, however, very tired of doctors.  He hates being weighed because mom has to put him down.  Then when they check his ears and anything else that requires them getting to close to him he freaks out a little bit.  He's fine anywhere else in any other environment, but not the doctors office.  They wig him a bit.

He's also been such a big boy that he's sleeping in a toddler bed.  He's done really well, but last night was a bit rough.  Don't know if the shots threw his little body off or what.  He woke at his usual 11-12 or so.  Just a quick back to bed as usual.  But, then he woke at 2.  I put him back down and he cried for me again.  Right as I was getting ready to walk back in his room Brian walked in.  He got him quieted down and went back to bed.  By 2:30 am, I could hear little man pitter pattering down the hall talking and babbling away to himself.  Happy as can be in the middle of the night!  He comes tootling into my room and stands beside my side of the bed and starts grunting as he pretends to pull himself up.  So I pull him into bed since he usually goes right to sleep in my bed.  Nope!  He proceeded to talk and babble away again.  Finally, I realized he was not going to go back to sleep, so I brought him back to his bed.  He laid down just fine.  But, by 4:30 am he was back in my room babbling away.  I showed him that everyone else was in their rooms sleeping and he finally went to sleep.  Come 7 am when it was time to go to daycare so mommy could go to work he was in a good sleep.  Imagine that!

I've never gotten as many sleepless nights with all 4 older kids combined as I have with my little man.  But, I will happily take them to have the joy of him in my life!

Lisa


No comments: