Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Heartburn, diarhea, indigestion...

No, not a Pepto commercial.  and I'm pretty sure it's just a heartburn/indigestion sort of thing, but we're trying some Zantac on Jae.  He has not slept well since his arrival.  We chalked it up to him just needing reassurance we were there and came every time he cried for the past 9 months 1-5 times per night.  We chalked it up to some times when he's been ill or teething and gave him pain reliever.  I tried cosleeping and it seems to not be working.  He wakes up next to me and cries.

Something is waking him up.  I also talked to my mother-in-law, his daycare provider and asked if he seemed hungry right after finishing a meal.  She said he signs 'more' to her too.  We both know he can't still be hungry because he eats a lot at each sitting.  While, eating a lot is not a typical sign of acid reflux, food may be calming his belly and therefore he wants more because he knows what will happen.  Smart guy, huh?!  I talked to the doc and he agreed that he may have it, so we gave it to him and already he went to bed better than he has the entire time he's been with us.  He also didn't sign for 'more' this evening.  That's a first.  I guess after a couple of nights or so we should have a better idea if that's what's waking him up at night.

We shall see.

Lisa


No comments: