Thursday, May 20, 2010

Does it come with age?

I mean the intensity of love for each child?  I just got in bed after checking on Jaemin for the night.  I could just lay by him for hours and look at his perfectness.  I can't help but think about another woman, half way around the world, that doesn't get the wonderful experiences I get.  I get all of it and I am SO lucky.  Everyday gets better and better with him.  He smiles more, he shows his true self more and he IS funny!

I get so much out of all of them.  Chelsi had her last night of gymnastics and we had to stop and get a new flat iron for me afterward because mine literally fell apart this morning.  So we walk in to the plethora of flat irons and she immediately notices the exact one I have.  She's that observant and that smart!  I get her too and I am lucky.

Kaelin, well she is always in her own happy little, giggly world.  She's figured out that if she hugs us longer she doesn't have to go to bed quite as early.  She is her own funny, silly self.  I get her too and we are lucky.

Chase is goofy and silly and smart.  He is a great kid and one of my hardest little workers at school.  Cole works hard too, but in so many other ways and is truly blooming as a mature young man.  He has SO much potential that I see.

I have 5 great kids and they're all mine and I am lucky for this and I know it.  If I could just take more time with them ever night while they're little.  I try to take all I can, that's for sure.  So if I don't volunteer enough and do enough running around, socializing etc., it's because I need to spend as much time with them as I can while I can.

So, if you're a first time mom, slow down and love them.  Love them slowly and don't rush them through their milestones and childhood.  Let them be kids and enjoy those kids and the hugs that you can get while they're young.  You'll still get hugs when they're older, but those tiny little hands wrapped around your neck are the best hugs of all.

No comments: