Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mothers Day to

all the mothers that are already mothers and the mothers that want to be, whether through adoption, foster, step, or plain ole biology....and through this I include the birth mothers out there who lovingly made a choice for their children.

I have a VERY busy weekend planned and I don't foresee having time to post Sunday, so I thought I'd say it now because moms need to be reminded how wonderful they are and how much they change this world by being good moms.

I'm not a perfect mom.  Some days I'm probably not even a good mom.  But some days, just some days I'm an awesome mom and I attribute that to my upbringing and my friends and acquaintances through the years that have taught me to be better person and put my children first and sometimes my husband and I first.

When I was 19 my hopes of being a mom felt dashed.  I was told I had a translocation of chromosomes.  I didn't believe that my life long dream would ever come true.  Eventually, we lost our first daughter because of that translocation.  But now, almost 16 years later I have 5 children....5 awesomely great children.  I never expected to look at my kids and see 5 sets of brown eyes; 3 as dark as mine.  I never expected to see 5 round noses....3 that look just like mine.  I never expected to have 2 blondies and 3 black as night, haired kiddos; one with beautifully, natural, auburn highlights.  I never expected after being mocked when I was little and called China girl (solely for my dark eyes that squinted when I smiled) I would have 3 sets of those same eyes, but they look beautiful like that all the time even without smiling; but their eyes smile even more when their mouth does.  I never dreamed I would have 2 children that seem to be so athletically inclined like their dad.  I have 5 great kids that have pieces of both of us.  All 5 are our kids and each others sibling and companion and sometimes best friend.  2 sets of my children are biologically related to each other; while one is not, but no one can tell that.  They can't even tell that.

My kids are my kids and I'm blessed to have them and the life I never dreamed of 16 years ago.  I will always remember, through them, to take anything God hands me because it is He who had this wonderful plan for my life that I could have never imagined.

Lisa

No comments: