Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I DO NOT look tired!

When strangers ask how I'm doing, it's a normal conversation.  You know, a quick "hi how are you doing", in the elevator on the way to your floor at work.  But, when coworkers that I'm acquainted with, don't know that well, but they know I have 5 kids, they always follow by 'you look tired'.  I know I don't look tired.  I think a lot of it is just that people cannot imagine 5 kids in the age groups we have and working.  I know a 'few' others, very few, who have that many, but they usually consist of step kids that they don't have or older and out of the house kids.  We obviously don't run in the right circles to know people like us...or maybe they don't exist?  I have no idea.

But, am I tired sometimes?  Sure.  Is it totally overwhelming to work outside the house...both of us...and have 5 kids 1-13?  Sometimes.  The good outweighs the bad though and it's not your foremost thought everyday.  First of all you're too busy to really think about it and over analyze anything.  You try to get you and your husband and your kids by.  It's just that simple.  You look at your time by the week...sometimes by the day or moment.  I try by the week only because I miss things otherwise and then I'll end up mad at myself for losing track.  Easy to do though.  For instance, I have one day off this week and while I'll have the two littles in tow I have a ton of errands to get run; all before nap time.  I don't get to take time off work because....well, I have 5 kids.  I may need it, so errands have to be meticulously planned out to make the most of my time. 

I'll need to get the kids to school, get to the hospital to get little miss' VCUG films/CD for her nephrologist appointment Monday, then an 8:30 appointment, then to social security to get little man recorded as a full-fledged US citizen in their records and I'd like to stop at the grocery store before my coupon for $3 off anything expires.  Afterall, I don't come across those too often.  Then, there will be lunch and, God willing, naps.  Laundry will hopefully get done in there somewhere and then the kids get home from school and we have plans all weekend long.

So, yeah, I'm tired from time-to-time, but I know I don't look it, so leave me alone just because I have 5 kids....doesn't mean I really am tired all the time.  I can do it and am doing it just fine...afterall I have a great 2nd half.

No comments: