Sunday, May 2, 2010

No church day of planting

Yeah, we missed church.  After a very lacking night of sleep I wasn't coherent enough to realize that today was First Communion for the area 2nd graders.  This meant the church schedule got pushed up.  So we all got ready headed out and pulled in.  I told Brian something was not right.  The Sunday school parking lot was much fuller than usual and there weren't people constantly coming in and out.  He said I was imagining things, so I walked in and could hear the teachers reading stories, which meant they were already through the first 1/2 hour.  We walked right on out and got in the car.  There were others trying to pull in the church parking lot at the same time, so we weren't the only ones who forgot, but I would have been totally embarrassed if any of the teachers had caught us.

I decided to go in and spend my $10 Penney's cash...you know where you spend $10 and get $10 off, so you can get it for free.  Chelsi decided to go with me and I haven't spent quality time with her in awhile, so she skipped nap and went.  We had a nice time and then went to the nursery so we could FINALLY get some nice flowers in our pots outside.  The girls and I planted them this afternoon before supper and Chelsi picked most of them out.  We were replacing some flocks that never came back...well they did, but then they died right away, and there were tons of worms in that spot.  I pulled them out so I could chop the soil up a bit there and Chelsi was just horrified that Kaelin and I would touch them.  Kaelin proceeded to inform me about how the worms have a job to do and that is to poo so they can create compost for the plants to grow healthy in.  I'm totally thinking this all comes from her after-school visits to grandpa and grandma's house.  Too funny though!

Now all Brian has to do is plant the roma tomato plants I got and we're done with our garden planting.  Bring on the veggies 'cause we're loving roasted green beans!

No comments: