Saturday, January 29, 2011

All they wanna do is potty all the time












It's only been a couple of days and I feel like potty talk all the time!

Chelsi is 5 1/2, but does not ever stay dry at night, so after the doctors all agreed that other than duplicated ureters she has no birth defects and nothing that should cause incontinence issues.  So, it means it's just her.  They all recommended an enuresis alarm since she's nearing 6.  We were waiting for my new cafeteria plan year and the time has finally come.  So we've ordered the alarm and received it this week!

I have Chelsi sleeping on a mat next to my bed so that I can make sure she wakes up when the alarm goes off.  That sucker is so load it scares the crap out of me a lot of the nights.  It's only been 3 nights though.  The first night was aweful!  She had be woken up and it took a long time to get her to her feet.  Lesson learned.  She needs a pullup over her underwear to keep her from peeing on the mat, or worse yet missing and hitting my floor.  She peed twice that night.  The second night she slept through and was dry.  This generally happens one time per month....on a good month.  The 3rd night, last night she only had it go off once and it was almost 6 am.  She hopped up before I was really awake.  Of course, I still have Jaemin in my bed too.  So, about that time or maybe a little later, he was laughing in my ear.  Apparently, he was having a really happy dream because he was giggling his butt off!

Thursday I decided to try to potty train Jaemin.  It was not successful, but it must have put a bug in his ear.  He ran around naked and peed on the potty a couple of times and stayed mostly dry even when his diaper was on.  We had to put it on Thursday night because I had to go with Chelsi to play rehearsal and he won't go for Brian.  Friday we had places to go and our appliances were in and we needed to install, so he wore his diaper again.  But, he asked to go while we had company last night.  He remembered that I had bought a brand new box of fruit snacks and I, smartly, put them right at his height in the bathroom cabinet.  He grabbed a snack and told me he needed to pee.  He squeezed out a couple of drops and got his snack.  Brian things he just knows how to work the system, and he does, but I told him to let it go.  It might be enough incentive if we're lucky!

This morning as soon as he opened his eyes Jaemin looked at me and said he needed to poo.  So I took him in the bathroom, he grabbed his snack and peed....a lot!  He ate his snack and then, apparently, when he took his wrapper to the trash in the kitchen he peed on the floor in front of the trashcan.  I don't know how he peed that much in that short of time.  1/2 hour later, he always poops after breakfast, he said he needed to poop.  So Cole took him poop.  He actually went.  For the first time ever.  Cole gave him his snack.  Then, he pooped in his diaper 10 minutes later.  Hopefully, that's just a minor miscommunication with his body and he's still figuring it out.

My dream.  Oh my dream is to have Chelsi and Jaemin both potty trained at the same time.  It would be fine, if it had to be that way, to only have 1 (Jaemin) in nightly pullups.  But, oh to get them both out of diapers and pullups!!  14 years of diapers next month is what we've been doing.!

No comments: