Monday, January 17, 2011

TALK, TALK, TALK, TALK, TALK

Yep, at almost 2 1/2 Jaemin's finally talking.  I mean on par with his age.  The doctor mentioned something in September, when he turned 2, about looking into therapy if he wasn't a little closer to his age by 2 1/2.  Well, he is finally getting there.  The only multiple word sentences he was putting together was 'Iunt' (aka I want).  Today, I heard him looking for Cole saying "Cole, where are you?".  WOOHOO!!!  I was finally starting to worry and now there's no need.  I was waiting since the doctor said to.  Luckily, he's pretty laid back and doesn't throw everyone into therapy or therapy at everyone unless they really are delayed.  There's a pretty broad spectrum for delay, so I wasn't quite there yet.

I think it had something to do with the illness he had a few weeks ago.  Somehow that ear infection must have been building up for some time and he must have had fluid on his ears.  As soon as his antibiotic started working the words started to flow.  Things he had never said before are just spewing out of his mouth.  It's crazy!  Now, it won't stop.  He'll be talking and going on and on forever.

Lisa

No comments: