Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The icky green goo

That describes quite a few of us off and on since two weeks before Christmas.  Nice huh?

I haven't written since the day after because, well, that's the day I started getting sick.  It all started after Jaemin headbutted me right in the nose.  Talk about an eye waterer that made me cry and really want to scream.  I had a slight black eye a couple of days later, but not bad considering how bad it hurt.  Anyways, two weeks before Christmas Jaemin and Chase had bad colds.  They both have asthma that creeps up with colds and allergies, so they always sound really bad. Right before Christmas they both cleared up and seemed fine, so no doc.  Right after Christmas they both got sick again.  Poor guys.  Cole got sick too, but he got better so quick.  For a heart kid, he's pretty darn healthy, knock on wood.  Chelsi's starting in now.  Just for the record, she's not green....yet.

Chase swore up and down he was getting better so he didn't go to the doctor.  However, I was feeling pretty bad and Jaemin couldn't seem to shake it and was running a fever over the New Year, so he went too.  Poor guy had a sinus infection and ear infection.  I only had a sinus infection.  His ear infection was the first I've ever had in one of my kids in 13 years.  Can you believe that?  He hadn't eaten much of anything in a couple of days, so I'm glad she gave him an antibiotic.  He's now on day 2 of his meds and his cough still sounds horrendous, but he's running crazy again and eating a little more, so that's better.  He actually asked for 'more' at supper tonight.  That's my normal little guy.  I'm really not bad, but dang if I could just stop coughing.  I've had a hot totty and every medicine that's supposed to quiet coughs and nothing works.  I'm hoping for no coughing fits tonight.  Jaemin sleeps right through though.  Little stinker!

No comments: