Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another birthday gone

Yep, that's right, this time it was my birthday.  I won't say how old I am, but I'm still young enough to adopt from Korea again.  So those that are Korean adoptive parents know about the vicinity I'm in.  And by the way, I have some years to go before I age out there.

Anyways, I had a good birthday day. Nothing crazy outstanding, but a good day is a good birthday.  I got by without too much at work...I think only my boss's boss knew it was my birthday today and she brought some stuff.  My darling daughter Kaelin told my mom to give me the present she bought me for Christmas to me today, so I got a new purse, thanks to her.  :)  My dad has been in town for a couple of days, so he and his wife brought me a car and gift card and then got me a cake.  I haven't had a birthday cake in some time.

I have to say, they did actually pull something over on me and I'm pretty observant.  Brian told me he wanted to make me birthday brownies, so he stayed home from swimming lessons tonight.  I thought it was odd that the house didn't smell yummy when we got home, but I had stuff to do and dad was coming back for a visit, so I didn't have too much time to think about it or question him on why he missed swimming classes.  :)  Then, he had me come in the kitchen and they had a cake with a candle on it.  Wow, I definitely haven't had a candle since I was a teenager almost 20 years ago. 

And best of all, my speech delayed little man gave me a hug and said 'happy birday mommie'. 

Onto another year of life.


No comments: