Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The person I want her to be

that's my baby girl, Chelsi.  I've told the kids time and time again that I don't need them to accomplish anything earth shattering.  I don't need them to be the prettiest, the top of their class or anything like that.  I need them and want them to be good people.  That makes me happy.  Today I got a note confirming that Miss Chelsi is well on her way.  Today was the last day of summer school and her teacher sent home a note with all of the students.  But, Chelsi's had something extra.  It said "Chelsi is wonderful!  I had a little boy who was crying everyday and Chelsi was able to get him to stop.  She was the friend he needed.  Such compassion from a young girl."  Makes me teary everytime I read it.  Apparently, from Chelsi's explanation, this little boy cried everyday, but she didn't know why.  Today she walked up to him and told him she liked his Transformers bag.  He asked her to play with him at recess and she said 'sure'.  This was the day the little boy stopped crying.

That's my baby girl!  My sweet, sweet girl!


No comments: