Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bittersweet Evening

We got the boys all registered in middle school and then Chase went to football practice.  Cole has been doing well watching Chase do something he so badly wanted to, but I sometimes wonder when it will wear off.  It has to be hard.  We sent him away on a small vacation with his grandparents for a couple of days this week.  He was the center of attention for a couple of days and we really felt like he could use it.  I do think that played a part in him dealing with it a little better, but like I said, I don't know how long it will last.

Chase was running back tonight and Brian's pretty sure he'll be starting since he's one of the fastest and about 20 lbs heavier than the other fast boy.  I'll miss his first game because Cole has his Heart Walk that day.  But, he will have other games and Cole only does this once per year and I'm hoping this is something he'll continue on with, especially now.  He's already done it for 6 years which is awesome for a boy his age.

I just hope Cole learns to be flexible with his life and roll with it all.  It's really the only way.  However, I will always feel bad for him and pray he doesn't feel like he truly missed out.  I could care less about athletics, but if it's something my kids enjoy and are interested in, I greatly care.

No comments: