Friday, August 6, 2010

I did it!

I took time off just for the heck of it.  I haven't even taken time off without a reason in 2 years.  That was our last vacation right after the accident, the appendectomy and the seizure.  I took a couple hours off to use our pool passes.  The kids had a great time meeting up with their friends for a couple of hours. Then, they had their last night of swim lessons.  Cole only has one level to go and he can try out for jr lifeguard.  I'll have one in 2, 4, 5 and 6 next year. 

Then, we took off a whole day for Six Flags.  We had a great time.  We haven't just gone somewhere without any expectations or an agenda in years and I really enjoyed it.  The kids had an awesome time.  I haven't been in nearly 20 years.  Makes me sound old, huh?  I'm not really that old, just haven't been since high school.  I don't think Kaelin stopped smiling all day!  Jae did great!  All of the kids had so much fun!!  I loved watching them.

I took off early again today so the kids could go to the pool again, before they close for the season.  They got  to meet up with their friends again and had a great time.  They were thanking me as we were walking out of the park.

I really need to take my vacation a little more often to enjoy life.  I'm always so afraid I'll need it, so I really rarely use it.  And Cole's heart is a lot of that reason, but sometimes I wonder if I live in the mean time?  I'm such a cautious person.  Always have been.

And, I have to say Six Flags is definitely an enlightening experience.  We saw vehicles with taped up plastic instead of a back window all the way to tricked out Escalades.  I saw a man with a belly ring.  I've never seen that before.  One girl had some sort of ring coming our both cheeks and I think her lip too.  Either that or it was a tattoo.  I really need to get out more often.  I wonder, some days, if my kids will be as sheltered as I've always been.  Sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad.

On the medical side, I'm still waiting to hear from Cole's PC.  We're going to try to catch each other so he can explain things to me.  Jaemin has an appointment at the end of next month.  I'm hoping we'll get somewhere with him then.  I got Chelsi in to a ped urologist next month and really have high hopes for figuring things out for her too.  They're supposed to call next week to tell me what time to come and what tests we can start with.  Jane, if you're reading this it may be an early appointment, so we may need a place to stay that night?

Anyways, I've discovered vacation time in the midst of medical stress is AWESOME!

1 comment:

Jay, Jane and Jared said...

I'm reading -- just keep me posted!
I am headed into 3 days vacation "just because"...no plans but relaxing and playing. It's a great feeling.
Let me know your plans as they come up - you are always welcome!
Jane