Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 3 - Post Op PV Valve

It's Sunday.  He was moved from picu to tcu at about 3 this afternoon.  The chest tube came out about 8 or so this morning.  As of last night they didn't think it would, but the Dr decided it was ready this morning.  It took longer than they expected because he was upset.  That thing had been causing so much pain that I think the idea of it coming out upset him as much.  He hasn't had any oxycodone since early this morning.  They now just down to toradol and Tylenol.  He said his chest still hurts but he could breath.

His demeanor towards me hasn't improved much.  I've resigned myself to just not offer anything or say anything unless I have to.  The majority of the time, if I do I'm wrong or he just gets annoyed.  So mostly we sit in silence.  He does fine when the nurses are around, though he tries to get out of doing what they want him to like sitting in a chair, walking or doing his Spirometer tests.

When they did get him to walk today, he took off like it was nothing.  It didn't seem to bother him at all.  He's creepiest just sitting in bed. I don't know.  I guess I try to hard, because I just make him unahappy.

At least this morning I got to visit with my friend Jane.  She lives in the area, so it was once to sit and talk with an adult...and not someone who constantly rolls their eyes at me.  Hope tomorrow gets better.

No comments: