Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Big Day is Almost Here


We're definitely on the final countdown to H-Day.  I've started packing things I'm afraid of forgetting (i.e. the boys' extra set of retainers).  Tomorrow night will be time to pack the bottoms for everyone after we've done laundry.  Then, Thursday morning I can wash my towels so I can come home to clean towels, wash the darks and fold them so that's done for Brian when he comes home.

We've been discussing with the Principal and teachers, in more depth, the plans for the next month for Cole.  I've been wrapping what I can up at work and can remote check my email to delete as much as possible and the rest will have to wait.  Cole spent the weekend with friends since it will be the last for a bit while we try to let him recover and try to keep him from catching colds, etc.  It will be extremely important to keep his heart extra healthy for awhile since infections can more easily go to the heart once you have anything foreign attached.  The valve can actually create an extra risk.  It will all be good though.

We've got things more or less figured out.  Where who will be when and how things will get done or what won't get done until I get Cole home from the hospital.  The deal with Cole has been to focus on grades the last quarter, no working and just trying to take care of himself.  I'm trying not to think about the cost of the hotel, the food and the hospital bill.  Just get through Friday.  And hopefully, the next couple of weeks will go by quickly so that he can just get back to normal and hopefully feel really great after this.  My plan at the moment is to make sure he goes back to his cardiologist one more time prior to returning to wrestling in the fall to make absolutely sure his heart is healthy and good enough to handle it all.

One more day.  Finish packing.  Finish any emails to schools.  Get there.  Have fun, just the 7 of us Thursday night.  Try to forget about it for one night.  Get through Friday.  That's all I have.

No comments: