Sunday, March 2, 2014

Different kinda night

I reluctantly let Cole go to work last night.  It was supposed to drop snow, ice or both at some point, but they couldn't seem to narrow it down at all.  Our weather forecasters this winter have not done a good job at all!

The girls, Jaemin and I watched the end of Thor and had some popcorn.  They definitely enjoyed!





I knew I wouldn't sleep well since Cole had to work past midnight.  I'm sorry, it's ridiculous that McDonalds lets almost children manage their restaurants without enough sense to send a 16 year old child home when ice and sleet set in.  He had our 4 wheel drive, but nothing fairs well on this stuff.

1am came and went and nothing.  He finally called and said he'd made the 10 minute drive in 40 minutes!  He said it was really, really bad.  Well, then he tried to back down the driveway and slid all the way down until our swingset, dog kennel and basketball goad stopped him.  The kennel is bent (Camo was in the house due to the cold) and he sheared the basketball pole clean off.  I think it scared the crap out of him.  He was crying.  I told him we didn't care about the pole or the dent it might have left in that almost 20 year old truck.  I was really thankful that he had made it home in one piece.

Needless to say, this morning we had a talk about just parking in the yard at the top of the hill, who cares about the yard.  We also told him that a stupid minimum wage McDonalds job is not worth his life and next time he has to tell them if it starts he has to leave.  His life doesn't depend on that money, but his life does depend on him making it home alive.  I told him after his surgery he needs to look for a job that isn't so stupid and immature and irresponsible to their employees.  Brian and I decided we need to get an estimate on some more concrete at the top so he has a place to park without worrying about him hitting the house or sliding into the woods on nights like these.  I'm tired of being up, worried for hours like last night.  Hopefully, it won't be terribly expensive, but we have to do something.  Chase will be driving in 2 more years and we'll have 2 of them to worry about.

God please keep my kids safe.  And please let adults who are responsible for them have a better head on their shoulders than these people have.

No comments: