Monday, March 15, 2010

1/2 down 1 1/2 to go

I don't know how else to count my medical visits.

I got my stitches out of my back and I got my pathology back.  There are basically 3 categories of basal cell carcinoma and my back consisted of 2.  I had superficial, which is really good and early nodular, which is second best, but good that it was early.  I probably would have been a lot more disfiguring had it been further in nodular.  The next worse is still not necessarily fatal, but it reaches out more on your skin and is more likely to disfigure your body.

I have my breast appointment in a couple of days and Dr. G said that if the surgeon wants to take off the skin cancer when/if she removes the lump she can.  This is why she gave me the report....to give to my surgeon.  If I don't get it done by her than I have to go back in two weeks to have surgery to have it removed.  So, basically, I still don't know a whole lot more and won't until mid-week, but I sure walked out of that office feeling a whole lot better.

One body are down, one more to go.

Lisa

No comments: