Thursday, March 25, 2010

Soda? What's that?

My husband's coworker texted him a line of jokes...semi redneck, which are totally understandable in this area and if you don't get them...you gotta wonder.

It reminded of something Kaelin said a few years ago.  I reminded Brian and we realized we really should add it to the line.  She doesn't speak properly at all; still.  Not for lack of us trying though.  We generally do not speak like the hicks people may think those of us around here are.  I do, however, have a bad habit of saying 'ya'll' and it comes out quicker than I can correct myself.

However, my Korean born cutie has always has this slightly southern twang to some words....heel, beel (i.e. hill, bill).  So one night she said something to me, of course I can't remember exactly what she said now, but I couldn't understand her and I made her explain what she was saying.  She was using the word 'soda'.

She was basically saying something to the affect of 'you put a lid on the milk soda milk doesn't spill'.  I was laughing at her for days!

Lisa

No comments: