Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Allergies...that never go away.

So, yesterday I had to go get retested so that they could reevaluate my serums for my shots.  Out of 39 tests they found about 6 that I was less sensitive to.  So those will be ramped up in my serum hoping to make things better for me.  However, the others all stayed the same and a couple actually got worse.  The major ones were, of course, mold and dust that you can't escape.  HUGE welts on my arm.  The nurse and nurse practitioner taking care of me couldn't believe how bad my allergies still are.  I preface this by saying I've already done 8 years of shots with another doctor.  He told me he had done all he could for me and few years later when I wok up gasping for air this doctor says he can make a difference.

The nurse said there are only a couple of things I'm NOT allergic to.  She asked if I knew I was allergic to cats.  Uh kinda.  I had one hair that flew onto my neck a couple of years ago and I almost scratched it raw.  She offered me some steroid shots every 3 months to help me breath, but I'm pretty much used to the way it is and don't need more crap in my body.  I'll just stay on what I'm on and not add to it and deal.

Hey, a little progress is a little and maybe someday I'll be able to do with less.

Lisa

No comments: