Thursday, March 18, 2010

What a busy week!

One more day to go and about 1/2 way through today I just felt exhausted.  I've been working extra time to finish a work project and it's been serving to make up time off for all of my medical appointments lately.

I did find out that I'm fine and don't need surgery other than to remove my skin cancer.  That's next week and once it's done it's done.  Not much to really worry about.  I was pretty ticked when I saw the surgeon about the so-call fibroadenoma.  Not at her; I was mad at the staff and radiology department of the hospital who stink at communication.  First the surgeon walk in and tells me to tell her about the discharge.  Uh, um, what?  I said "who said that?"  She tells me I did in September with my first ultrasound.  I told her I had, in fact, never mentioned this because it's never happened.  She promptly removed it from my erecords.  Then, I told her that they told me they referred me because the radiologist thought it was a fibroadenoma and he didn't want to biopsy it.  Well, apparently, this wasn't true either.  She said they still thought it was a good possibility it was just a sebaceous cyst as diagnosed 3 years ago.  Uh, maybe they should keep the patient in on that loop and I wouldn't have worried at all!  So she takes a look and tells me she feels that's exactly what it is and these cannot be biopsied as my is to attached to my skin and superficial.  She must have really been in the mood to cut though, 'cause she quickly told me she could take it off right then and there.  I told her since she was SO sure of what it was and that there was pretty much no chance it was cancer and it wasn't bothering me I don't really want cut.  So, I walked out with no surgery appointment and no cuts.  YAY!

All I have left is my yearly allergy testing and my skin removal next week.  Easy breezy!

We haven't gotten to read (the girls and with Junie B) last night or tonight.  Last night was CCD and tonight was gymnastics and parent/teacher...at the same time, of course.  So, Cole stayed home, Brian took the two middles and I took the two littles and we went our separate ways.  The girls were not happy that there was no time for Junie B, but geesh, momma needed some rest.  Jaemin had a great time watching gymnastics.  More he was trying to get the other parents' attention and then he'd run away if anyone looked like they may touch him.  Mommy needs to protect him if they get too close ya know.  We were walking out to the car after gymnastics and Chelsi tells me she wants to go more.  One day a week isn't enough.  She says gymnastics are great because the whole time she gets to do all her favorite things every time.  :)  I think she found her niche!

I will probably not work after work overtime tomorrow, but am hoping to get in early so I can leave early and take little man (my bubby) to the doctor.  He's probably not too bad anymore, but I'm tired of realizing that he gets worse on the weekends.  He had that sinus infection, 2 weeks ago, back up into his eyes with a really low grade fever and the fever came back one night last week, but we're still having to do eye drops every few days because it's still coming out.  We're just going to have him checked out.  2 weeks is long enough for him to muck with this.  He's obviously not feeling too bad though.  No fever and great moods!

Have a good night.

Lisa

No comments: